Saturday, November 3, 2012

Sixty-three for Dad's Sixty-Third

On the occasion of my father's sixty-third birthday, I thought it only appropriate that I use sixty-three words to write about how much he has shared with me over the years.  As I frequently participate in writing challenges using only thirty-three or fifty-seven words, I thought this would be a breeze.  Boy, was I wrong!  It turns out I lack enough language in my lexicon to properly honor my Dad on His Day, but I thought I'd give it a shot anyway.
Here goes.  Sixty-three words for Dad's Sixty-third Birthday.
Happy Birthday, Daddy! I love you.


Little Me learning
the "right" way to
appreciate the classics.
"You've got to hear this song, Aim."

From Steve Earle to The Velvet Underground, The Roches to Pink Floyd, Coco Taylor to Woody Guthrie, Dad introduced me to songs that told stories, tugged heart strings, and took me to places hitherto unimagined. 

One of the greatest gifts he's ever given me: Dad taught me that music has charms to soothe a savage beast.


Dad & me on our Carolina Road Trip 2012


8 comments:

  1. Thanks kid. Read this in the air. How about that? Love you bunches. Will call when we land. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is crazy! Glad you liked it. Thanks for bringin' me up right.
    Happy Birthday. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your Dad!

    Music is the key to any occasion. It can soothe away the tears or pump yourself up for a fun outing. Always have music on. Always. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, my friend. Dad taught me well. The music is always playing. Always.

      Delete
  4. Ha! Not sure how you could think you missed on this.
    Beautiful!

    Happy Birthday, Wyman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Guap.
      There is just always so much more to say...

      Delete
  5. Those are 63 awesome words, Amy. My Dad has shared his love of music with me, too. It's infectious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jester! Music truly is magical.
      I appreciate you taking the time to read and comment.

      Delete