Sunday, September 22, 2013

My Heaven, My Movie, My Food Fight, My Love : Ketchup #26

Guess what time it is, kids!  That's right, it's Ketchup time again! Mel and Michele are back again with a new and exciting prompt for us.

I have to say, as a movie lover, this was a tough one at first.  Then, once I thought about it, it was a no-brainer.  This is one of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite movies.

Dad and I actually got to visit the Whistle Stop Cafe, where it was filmed, on our road trip two years ago, and the Fried Green Tomatoes were the best I've ever tasted!

Ketchup With Us - Prompt 26

In 57 words or less...if you could reenact one 
scene from a movie, what would it be?






To play in the kitchen, my favorite place, with my best friend, my love,
Preparing our favorite food, making a mess, devolving into ridiculous fits of uncontrollable laughter,
Slipping in the disaster we have created, 
For once, not caring about the clean-up.
Forgetting the world outside our kitchen.
Forgetting the world outside our love. 
My Heaven.



10 comments:

  1. I have to admit I never saw the movie but after watching the clip I think I'll check it out the next time it's on tv.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Barb, you must! It is priceless! Watch the unedited version, if you can. Truly one of my all-time favorites. I laugh and I cry every time.
      Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh! Such a great movie. I could watch this one over and over, too. Along with Jaws. Great cast and well thought out plot. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love this prompt, Mel! I couldn't resist! Thanks for the inspiration!

      Delete
  3. A great, great scene in a great, great movie. Love ya peach. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yowza! Sounds like the best possible kind of cooking going on there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this movie. Just love it. And I just let Vivien watch this clip with me. Might have to reacquaint myself with the whole thing to determine if it's something she can see in its entirety. What a great clip. What a great film. Great choice, Amy.

    Can I be the other girl in the scene? :)

    ReplyDelete