Sunday, September 18, 2016

One of those weeks

The port has been out for ten days now, and for that I am so very grateful! The removal went very well. Dr. Rock Star and his fabulous team were amazing, as always. I think my body had been fighting so hard against it that when it was finally out, all I could do was sleep. I haven't slept that long since just after the surgery! 

This was my first complete week back at work, and it kicked my behind! Some days just trying to put one foot in front of the other takes all of my energy. I'll keep doing it, though, and doing whatever it takes to get stronger every day.  



Oy! Such a face!

The Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk is October 22nd, just five days before my next surgery. Join me and the rest of Amy's Army if you can. We'd love to have you with us, and have your support for our cause. We still have a long way to go to reach our goal.

Thank you to everyone who purchased one of my metallic trees in support of our team. They all will go out in the mail this week, and it is entirely possible that there will be more trees for the cause to come. Perhaps an auction next time...we'll see.

If you want to order a Gloves Up t-shirt, this is your last chance. Follow this link to the Gloves Up With Amy page on Facebook. The order will be placed with the printer tomorrow, so reach out now if you'd like one. Unisex tank tops are also available.

Have a wonderful week! Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other.

#GlovesUp

Peace

4 comments:

  1. You're like inspirational and stuff. ;)
    Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Guap! You always know how to make me smile.

      Delete
  2. Hang in there and most weeks will be a little easier than the one before. You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jenn! I know you are right about all of that! Thank you for all of your encouragement and thoughtfulness,

    ReplyDelete